Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January

            I have not yet begun to volunteer this semester but I am planning to finish up the STEM Mentoring Program curriculum on conservation in the next few months as soon as my schedule is determined. The last time I went to volunteer in December, the child, who in the beginning told me he hated animals, gave me a big hug when I left. I am happy to have bonded with my group of four and can’t wait to return with new lessons!
            In terms of classes, we have finished the Neurology block and are almost done with the Psychiatry block. Both have been especially fascinating. In Medical Pharmacology, a patient who has struggled with mental illness came in today to speak to the class. It was inspiring to hear a life story of perseverance and bravery. The two new classes that have been added to the schedule are also proving to be interesting, as well. The topics covered in Cellular Control Mechanisms are very relevant to my future research interests in oncology-related and immunopharmacology; and Environmental Signaling is a completely new topic for me. I am also looking forward to participating in the Tulane Health Sciences Day, which is upcoming in February.


Total Hours for January: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment